SandraM

Sandra

Not Just Friends - Jay Northcote

What a lovely introduction to a new (to me) author! I'll immediately look into some other books by Mrs. Northcote. You know when you're reading a book, and you just have this silly shit eating grin on your face? Yeah, that. Or you're tearing up and rally want to just sob right along with a character but someone else is in the room so you bravely, but just barely, keep it together. That too.

This was so sweet and so funny. Despite my aforementioned repressed tears there wasn't too much angst. I mean yes, Lewis's unrequited (or so we thought) crush was painful at times, but he really did manage it well. He was sad, but knew he needed to move on and attempted to get his shit together. There wasn't any boo-hoo-I-don't-know-what-I-want, no miscommunications really, all friends and loved ones reacted totally fine with minimal drama, and just a dash of we-shouldn't-ruin-our-friendship.

And I can't forget to mention the sex. Yummy, sexy, steamy, sexy, sweet, sexy-as-hell... did I mention sexy?

Utterly pleasant and totally enjoyable. Recommended!

Received from the publisher in exchange for an honest review, reviewed for Hearts On Fire