SandraM

Sandra

Screwups - Jamie Fessenden

How sweet was this?! Rhetorical question. The answer: VERY! And funny in many ways, as you can see from the quotes in my several status updates. I loved the slow relationship development between Danny and Jake. I loved the psychological component and self-esteem issues that Danny was suffering from that held him back from investing fully in a relationship. I loved Jake's playfulness. Just adorable. But don't get me wrong, I teared up on many an occasion as well. Both because of Danny's history as well as some of the issues Jake runs into.

Complaints? Only a few. The nudity was kind of ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I love nudity in my M/M romance... between by main characters. But no matter how much you like to sleep naked I think it's crazy rude to do it if you have an in-room roommate, and kinda weird. And I find it hard to believe a group of gaming college students would have a naked party just cuz, without even having any alcohol! And I lost count of the number of times Jake ended up running around the dorm starkers. Once I could forgive, especially given the first time revolved around a prank, but that last one was insane and totally unbelievable.

But hallelujah to well developed secondary characters who aren't just there as filler (we got to know Paul a little better as he grew over the course of the book, and I would love if he realized he was bi and found a nice boy!), and to strong and likeable females in M/M romance!

Received from the publisher in exchange for an honest review, reviewed for Hearts On Fire