SandraM

Sandra

Fifteen Shades of Gay (for Pay) - T. Baggins

I'm waffling. This lost me at the end, things just started happening so fast and way too simply. I felt like their fight was sort of unfair in the first place, and then was resolved too easily. Even the stilted make-up scene with Andrew and his dad felt forced and awkward, just added on to tie up lose ends.

As I said, the ending wrap up didn't work for me. But I did enjoy Andrew and Cormac's relationship up until that point. But the whole gay-for-pay side plot... kinda weird. I liked that that was how the two guys met. But all the stuff with Paresh, and then later Sven... was just really weird. And I'm not really sure what the point was. I would have much preferred if it had been a simple romance between Cormac and Andrew, with the added complications of Andrew's sick sister, Cormac's political career and closet-case status, and the fact that Andrew needs to be a male escort for money to add drama. That's plenty without the odd specifics of the escort/BDSM/breathe play side of things.