SandraM

Sandra

Denying Dare

Denying Dare  - Amber Kell

I read the first book in this series, Attracting Anthony, as a freebie and liked it pretty well. Unfortunately some of the negatives from the first book seemed compounded in this one. I'm not sure if that's because $2.99 for 47 pages is kinda pricey to begin with. Or if the addition of the menacing mutant werewolves tried to cram too much in. But the fact of the matter is, I just didn't feel any chemistry between Dare and Steven. I'm all for shifter insta-love, but the emotional transitions from second to second were instantaneous (literally one second Steven is saying he isn't sure about mating a tiger and the next paragraph he's saying "you're mine!" WTF? I think because of the short length the author left out necessary transitions,

"Don't put so much pressure on yourself. We will always be together." Dare took reassurance from his mate. Taking a deep breath, he coated his fingers with lube and took his time circling Steven's hole. "Fuck me now!"

Just because you say "he took his time" doesn't mean that you can skip the emotions and dialogue from sweet-before-sex-talk to FUCK-ME-NOW! Just weird.

I do love MM shifter books, and if this was a free series I would probably continue despite bitching and moaning in every review about things that bothered me. But for $2.99 a piece?!? Nuh-Uh.