SandraM

Sandra

The Backup Boyfriend

The Backup Boyfriend - River Jaymes

I really enjoyed this. Even when Dylan and Alec were going through difficult times is still never felt too angsty, they weren't being drama queens of having any major idiotic miscommunications. Their interactions and banter were fun. Their sexin was steamy and versatile. All around, a good read.

I will say, the premise used to set these two together was lose. It takes balls of steel to ask a mechanic you don't know to rearrange his schedule for you, and then ask him to make a house call?!? WTF. It wouldn't even occur to me to ask. And then obviously the namesake of the book, the Backup Boyfriend. But we needed the set up because these guys were great together. I'll def be on the lookout for Tyler's book and other works by Ms. Jaymes.

Although speaking of Tyler, I will say that that back-story left a lot to be desired. I understand they're saving all the revelations for Tylers book. But Tyler broke up with Alec, and no one knows why, including Alec.