SandraM

Sandra

Dirty Little Secret - Ella Sheridan Who doesn't love a good M/M sci-fi romance?!? Similar to [b:The Last Pure Human|8865158|The Last Pure Human|Twisted Hilarity|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1289007033s/8865158.jpg|13740550] but with some of [b:The Hunger Games|2767052|The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1)|Suzanne Collins|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1358275334s/2767052.jpg|2792775] thrown in for shits and giggles, I thoroughly enjoyed this story. My one complaint is that it did take a while to figure out what the fuck the rules and the point of The Hunt were. In theory, the participants are trying to show they are worthy of a cat mate, and getting one to chose (fuck like crazy) them. You're kind of disgraced if you lose entirely. But it seems like the 'ideal' goal is to be the best of the losers. Cuz if you win you gotta stay on the planet forever with your mate. If you do well and a cat fucks you but maybe you don't mate, then you're the best of the losers and end up getting prestige, trading goods, and acclaim for your home planet. However they say no one is supposed to get hurt but in the first scene I though Shane was running for his fucking life. That may have been purposeful, and I just resigned myself to enjoying the ride and figured all would reveal itself (which it did). Although it did take a bit for me to figure it out and I think the story would have been improved with some more clear world-building.

I think it would be interesting for the series to continue with some of the other characters they didn't make Fallon so nonredeemable and the fact that he and Mearo actually mated, they need a book! I wanna see him soften and Mearo win him over!

Received from the publisher in exchange for an honest review, reviewed for Hearts On Fire