SandraM

Sandra

Genie in a Beanie - Indra Vaughn

Hmm, well, the first thing I have to say is that the tone of the scene with the baby that the picture is depicting is so very different.  It's not a huge deal, and it was a very creative story, but it was such a hostile scene it's odd to look back at the two smiling men in this pic.  Anyway, I liked this story enough.  It was a creative idea.  I just wish Max hadn't been such a raging dick in the beginning.  I get the reason, and David had a good explanation later of how it allowed their relationship to develop quicker <spoiler>because they went form acquaintances to enemies to friends then to lovers</spoiler>, but he was just such a dick.  And then he did a 180, from David's POV anyway.  From the moment he asked awkwardly for the beanie I knew he liked Davis, but yeah, then I was on board.

But I have to say, as much as I like sex in my books, I think this one would have been better served without it. It was a nice story, that to throw a sex scene on at the very end... while a hot sex scene, just felt random and out of place. So the ending felt abrupt, whereas if it had been a chapter earlier, it would have felt more natural to me.