SandraM

Sandra

Beach Balls - Tara Lain I really enjoy this series. The plot to this had me hesitating because it could have been cheesy and annoying, but just like with [b:Fire Balls|13425957|Fire Balls (Balls to the Wall, #2)|Tara Lain|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1327634270s/13425957.jpg|18911844], I thoroughly enjoyed every moment. It was paced very well and they didn't rush into the drama so that we got bored. The first third was us meeting Adam, then his and Sky's meeting and realizing they had chemistry and starting a thing. Their altercation/climax/realization-that-they're-nemesis came at just the right time and developed naturally without feeling forced.

I will say Sky pushed my buttons a little when he immediately wrote Adam off just because of who he thought he was, "bah, I hate developers!" but I liked that in the end although there was compromise, Adam didn't just cave and turn into a total tree-hugger.

My one critique is that while I loved the setting of the last chapter Adam taking Sky home to meet his parents the dialogue was a smidge forced and partly unbelievable they're moving in together but haven't said "I love you" yet? Uhg, and I am not a fan of uber emotional displays in front of family, the first "I love you" should be private. OH and another small critique was that Adam's high school experience with the football quarterback clearly molded who he became as an adult so it would have been nice if he had been given an actual name instead of just "quarterback." Maybe they wanted to distance us from him so we didn't think about Adam's previous love but I think it would have been nice to learn more and maybe find out how he's doing.

Won as part of the 2012 Holiday Party in the Erotic Enchants Group!