SandraM

Sandra

Love You Like a Romance Novel - Megan Derr Starting with the good, I really enjoyed this book. It supposedly takes place in the same world as [b:The Missing Butterfly|7797074|The Missing Butterfly (Missing Butterfly, #1)|Megan Derr|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1267385638s/7797074.jpg|10767284], which I also enjoed, but there's only a cameo from those guys so it's kind of irrelevant.

On the one hand, there is tons of drama in this book, as I'm sure you can surmise from the description blackmail for sex, fucking cousins, blood-thirsty lawyers and CEO's, family feuds and illegitimate fathers, OH MY!. But on the other hand, it felt surprisingly low angst to me. I think this is due to a smart decision on the authors part. The first half of the book is focused on the relationship issues between Jayson and Jet, where of course they both hide their feelings behind the blackmail. But this gets resolved (no spoiler, cuz DUH!) right when everything else goes to hell. Well played Ms. Derr, well played.

So on to my criticisms, really there is only one. The book started out with a super hot scene right off the bat, and there were a couple more shortly after. But that's it! I apprecite that they both wanted to focus more on affection and snuggling, since their relationhip had been purely sexual, but all future sex scenes were fade-to-black or simply alluded to, and I did not appreciate that. Especially their reunion sex! I earned that! But other than that it was all good. I'd love a short about their trip to Paradise!

May 2013 group read for M/M Romance group