SandraM

Sandra

A Marked Man (Assassin/Shifter,  #1) - Sandrine Gasq-Dion 2.75 stars I'm really confused why this is labeled paranormal and called the Assassin/Shifter series... seeing as there is nothing supernatural about it. But anyway, I digress. I liked this, although it was not the most original story-line and as soon as Mateo mentioned that bracelet aka: tracking bracelet I knew exactly what was gonna happen obviously Riley would get kidnapped.

There were a few other things that irked me. Naomi for one they said the guys were speaking Arabic so I would have liked more background about how she ended up in the states and being bisexual, but she still had a relationship with her family? And she said she worked her way up into intelligence? How did she manage that with a terrorist father? And speaking if which, by giving her brother those chips I'm pretty sure she qualifies as a Terrorist, I don't think she'd be sitting pretty in some looney bin or wherever she was. And lastly, they were friends first and then Mateo just happens to be the assassin she was searching for? Can you say unbelievable coincidence? And just the uber quick progression from "hey I think I really like this guy" to "Ohmygod I fucking love you SO much!!!" And lastly (and I never thought I would say this) but too much sex! It just got repetitive after a while and I felt like, should you guys be doing something (besides each other)?

But anyway it was a decent read and they intrigued me enough about Derek and James that I'll look into the 7th book in the series, [b:The General's Lover|15781531|The General's Lover (Assassin/Shifter, #7)|Sandrine Gasq-Dion|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1343854066s/15781531.jpg|21497326], at some point. But to be honest the others don't interest me much and I find the random pack/shifter stuff mid-series to be off-putting (although I'm generally a huge shifter fan). I have to say if you're looking for a book with the same assassin-falls-in-love-with-his-mark story I would have to recommend [b:Zero at the Bone|6382879|Zero at the Bone (Zero at the Bone, #1)|Jane Seville|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1239008011s/6382879.jpg|6570901] by Jane Seville as my all-time favorite.