SandraM

Sandra

Physical Therapy - Z.A. Maxfield 2.75 stars So first things first. I just need to vent and say, I don't understand why this book is called 'Physical Therapy'. Not once do we see Ken during PT, sure he goes, but Jordan is his massage therapist at his gym... it just doesn't make any sense.

Secondly, they didn't explain Ken's injury at all. Jordan mentioned he didn't see scars on his legs and he observed that he had trouble with his coordination. Ken called himself a 'motor moron'. But it wasn't until well into the book that Jordan mentioned a traumatic brain injury in passing, and this only happened once. Did other people get this? I thought it was very vague and would have liked a lot more information. I also would have liked some info about that happened to the person who hit Ken and caused all this. Especially given the theme of redemption with Jordan, it seemed appropriate.

OK, onto the story itself. People loved this, and I'm a little unsure as to why. It was OK. I liked Jordan. But what felt like a developing relationship that was taking place over a few weeks, actually took place over three days. First of all, I had trouble understanding how all that fit into three days. And second of all, I didn't see the need to make it so short. It was very odd for Ken to act the way he did ask Jordan to move in with him?!? after three days. If it was just a friendship at first I would have felt better about it, but then Ken would try to kiss him. That sounds like the worst recipe for disaster. Ever.

Anyway, as I was saying. Ken pursues Jordan relentlessly, over the course of three days. Finally gets what he wants... and spazes. This was pretty annoying. From there on out there was constant back-and-forth up-and-down of emotional roller coaster. But not in the good way. More in the immature and emotional stunted way. 1) the two times Ken can't find Jordan he basically accuses him of going after other guys or whatever, geeze dude calm down. 2) when expressing interest in light BDSM Jordan wants to use a safeword and Ken has a hissy fit 3) more of the same. Eh, I dunno.

But it came together in the end. I'm definitely glad it had that last chapter and sex scene or it wouldn't have felt complete though. I liked the addition of Jordan's mom glad they didn't leave her with that asshole husband as well as the addition of other characters like Izzy.

Lastly, I didn't read the first book, [b:St. Nacho's|6055836|St. Nacho's (St. Nacho's #1)|Z.A. Maxfield|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1306521778s/6055836.jpg|6231839]. But I liked Jordan's character and felt like he was doing everything possible to be a good person, repent, whatever you wanna call it. I was a little disappointed (that sounds terrible) when finding out how his accident actually happened. Don't get me wrong, it's sad and terrible, etc. But the circumstances seemed off to me what the F was a three year old doing in the driveway at 9:30 at night during a teenagers party? Where were his parents? Why wasn't he in bed? Weird. And yes, he was drunk and made poor decisions... but it kinda seemed like what happened would have happened even if he had been sober. I was expecting something a little more dramatic, especially when they mentioned Cooper's trauma about riding in cars I assumed there was an actual crash. I don't know if I still would have had these issues though if I had read the series in order, but I would probably recommend that people do. Cooper and Shawn seem cool but I have trouble backtracking once I meet an established couple, so I probably won't go back and read it.

Borrowed for March Promo from Mandy in Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group