SandraM

Sandra

Fair Game - Patricia Briggs Oh. My. God.

So I was thinking this was a solid 4 star throughout. Anyone who's up to book three in this series and has probably also read the Mercy Thompson series, knows what I know. The writing is great. The characters and complex. Briggs knows what the fuck she's doing.

I'm always nervous near the end of her books because the climax is usually in the second to last chapter, so I'm worried things with feel abrupt and not get wrapped up. I'm always wrong. The last chapter was EFFEN PHENOMENAL and I REALLY hope that [b:Frost Burned|13413589|Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7)|Patricia Briggs|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1344299919s/13413589.jpg|15955708] picks up this story-line in the world. How could they not?!? It was epic, and just, and fucking righteously badass and I'm SO EXCITED! Dumbass fucking humans were fucking asking for it! INNOCENT?!?! You tell 'em fae!

"We, the fae, declare ourselves free of the laws of the United States of America. We do not recognize them. They have no authority over us."

HELL fuckin' YEAH!!!

And I was just hit by the similarities to the amazing and devastating movie A Time To Kill starring Samuel L. Jackson where he kills the two white men who are tried and found innocent after brutally raping his 12 year old daughter.