SandraM

Sandra

The Rising - Kelley Armstrong 3.5 stars I'm still digesting a little. This was a decent series finale and I enjoyed it, but I won't say I was particularly wowed. They wrapped everything up nicely, and actually somewhat realistically which I kind of appreciated no group of teenagers overthrowing a huge mega-corp with indispensable resources and skills to boot. There were some interesting twists and new characters which I actually liked a lot namely Ash and Antone. I will say the first half of the book kinda went like this... "kids 1-4 on the run, kids 2 and 3 captured, kid 3-5 escape, kid 4 captured again" and on and on and on. So that was a little repetitive, and then also someone mentioned that it had only been a week since the fire (in book 1) and that's kinda crazy. We do get some reunions that I was excited about I loved Chloe and Derek from [b:The Summoning|2800905|The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1)|Kelley Armstrong|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1327890699s/2800905.jpg|2451397], the Darkest Powers Series, so that was cool. I have to admit if there hadn't been the Epilogue though I'd have been seriously miffed. I though it was gonna end without wrap up/closure and I was about to scream. But I should have trusted, and it was cleaned up neatly If she had left Maya's romantic status up in the air I seriously would have thrown this book, library borrow or not. I admit I'm surprised she ended up with Daniel but it was sweet. Although the part where her and Rafe smile at each other and she "knows" he only sees her as a friend now... I'm not buying that, but whatever.. This series could definitely keep going in some manner, and I hope it does. Kelley Armstrong is an amazing writer and both series in this world have been great. Rafe needs a girlfriend! Let's give him a series!