SandraM

Sandra

Breaking Cover - Kaje Harper 4.5 stars Phew! I love this series! In terms of relationship, this had the perfect amount of development. It was very realistic for where they would be at one year and the issues and obstacles they would need to overcome if they're going to stay together I loved the way Mac came out. It wasn't even a decision about him and what was best for his situation blah blah blah, Tony and Ben needed him so he did the right thing... and that just happened to be revealing his sexuality, let the consequences fall where they may. I was also proud of Tony for being mature and responsible and doing what he needed to do.

The kids were much more present in this one and more of a focus, which is understandable since they're relationship is developing. I know Ben is six now, and he has reasons to be emotionally mature for his age. However, Anna seemed old for her age. I dunno, I don't have kids but I do have a 4 year old nephew (who granted I don't see all that often) but she seemed very intelligent and well spoken for a four year old. Anyway they were adorable.

Lastly, the mystery. I have to admit, I guessed the plot twist (if you can call it that) by reading the description That Sandy, Ben's mom, would be one of the murder victim's maybe it wasn't supposed to be a big deal but I think I may have cried and gotten a little more invested if I hadn't been prepared for it. Again, I appreciated that there was real police work. It wasn't easy and it wasn't quick. It also wasn't someone they knew, which would have been unrealistic to happen again. It was just a serial killer, but his actions and their lives intertwined in a believable way. I loved the addition of LuLu and I hope she shows up again!

Onto to number three, [b:Home Work|15706627|Home Work (Life Lessons, #3)|Kaje Harper|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1339763958s/15706627.jpg|21370466], but I think I'm going into early withdrawals about this series ending! :(