SandraM

Sandra

Home Work (Life Lessons, #3) - Kaje Harper 4.5 stars Kaje definitely doesn't pull her punches with this one, between the wedding and the freaken brain injury I was a happy, tearful, anxious, nervous wreck! I loved the new characters we met Tony's family. It was sweet and ended well but we definitely need more from these guys, they just can't get a break!

In terms of the medical aspect I think Kaje handled that really well. She portrayed Broca's accurately. Both Tony and Mac's frustration was realistic. Although especially given how important Mac's work is to him I think he's going to go through some series depression and other emotional issues in the next book.

Lastly, the things I wanna see in the next book:
1.) Learn something about Mac's family, which they hinted at with his sister's phone call at the end of this book. Tony said that Mac looked pensive, so I'm hoping he sends Barbara one of their family Christmas cards. That would be a great way to cover the whole I'm-gay-so-deal-with-it while still extending an olive branch and see if she contacts them again.
2.) I wanna see some disciplinary action come to that pussy cop who left Mac alone with Brittany cuz he had a "hot date."
3.) I don't think it'll be realistic for Mac to go back to work. Soon, if ever. So I assume the next book will cover the trials as opposed to a new case. I'd like to see them figure out something different he can do and love as much as being a cop.