SandraM

Sandra

The Indigo Spell - Richelle Mead Eh. To be honest, I think I'm getting to the point in this series where I start to get annoyed at 1) all the drama and obstacles the author throws at our heroin to create turmoil and 2) all the stupid shit our heroin does.

Reasons why Sydney is stupid:
1) Trey - unrealistic and asking for trouble You don't think he would throw you under the bus if it could get him back with the Warriors? They already know about a missing Moroi girl, and here you are... young Moroi girl with 2 guardians and an Alchemist guard... not at all suspicious. How could they even stay there once the Warriors knew about them?
2) Ms. Terwiliger - This whole story line annoys me. I get that they want Sydney to progress with her magic, but this is bullshit and has nothing to do with her. She thinks she's the only one who can help these girls... noooo, she's the only one who can help them and maybe keep their murderer alive. She should have let Ms. Terwiligers coven deal with it and if Veronica dies, so be it. The Moroi and Alchemists, with a side order of Alchemy rebellion, should be the main focus in this book. But apparently brains aren't enough of a super power so out of nowhere Sydney can do magic now.
3) Marcus - Just the way this went down, I dunno... She didn't fully think about Mexico, AT ALL. It was never mentioned that if she went, she would never see her family again.
4) Veronika - Everything was SO obvious! The second her cross went missing it was obviously gonna be used in a spell. Alicia was super sketchy. WHY would they GO to where the EVIL witch was LIVING?!?! magic charm or not, that made no sense.
5) Stanton I know Sydney admitted it but her actions here were SO STUPID. And now we have two new annoying characters that are just supposed to create drama. I just don't even wanna deal with it. Maybe if her sister, Zoe showing up hadn't been on the last page then I would be as annoyed, the cliffhanger endings in this series are starting to piss me off though. And obviously this new guardian, Niel is just gonna cause trouble both with Sydney's secrets and the fucking Jill-Eddie love triangle

Reasons why I love Sydney:
1) Adrian - that's kinda it at this point FINALLY! She better not fuck this up!!! All the back and forth was really starting to annoy me.

April 2013 group read for Paranormal Addicts & Newbies