SandraM

Sandra

The Hot Floor - Josephine Myles So, I've read a few menage stories before (mostly M/F/M) and they just haven't worked for me. I don't know why. Maybe they write in too much angst, maybe the mixed-sex dynamic just didn't work. Not that they're not hot as straight erotica, but mix in a story and it lost me. That did not happen here.

Ms. Myles kept it simple. This is just a love story between three boys. There were some complications, as happens. Especially since Rai and Evan were an established couple, Josh understandably had concerns that eventually they would kick him to the curb and go back to their 'real' relationship. But no huge miscommunication, no evil villains set to destroy them, just a simple story. And it worked.

I loved Rai and Evan's dynamic. They communicated so well and it made it more realistic and believable that they could have such a well functioning open relationship without drama. Josh fit in well, but I also liked that Rai and Evan were a good couple even before him. It's not that he 'fixed' them, it's just that they found a new love and a new relationship with him. Oh, and the sex was HOT! :)

Side Note: They often mentioned Evan's accent but I wasn't sure what it was supposed to sound like. He said "owt" and "summat" but other than that I wish she had written it out phonetically so I could hear him better in my head. Only complaint though! :)

May 2013 group read for M/M Romance group