SandraM

Sandra

Rock and a Hard Place - Jane Davitt, Alexa Snow This was good, better than I expected to be honest. I was worried the whole plane crash thing was a little over the top and silly, but it was well done. The book is split between before/after their rescue and I liked both parts equally. I was worried they would squabble endlessly but instead they would both at times lose their temper and say something hurtful due to the stressful situation, but were always easily forgiven.

There was probably one more conflict at the end than I needed, and it made me dislike Andrew slightly Grow a set! He was falling into the same shit with his parents, except now with men!. Whereas in the beginning it was actually Sean I disliked slightly due to that huge and sort of unnecessary chip on his shoulder. Harris calling his family "neuvo riche" later to Andrew seemed like a forced attempt to justify it though.

It ended well, and definitely needed that last chapter so we could see how it all worked out. (although it was done oddly with them being really silly/childish at the office) But to be honest I skimmed the second to last chapter, which was a sex scene. Don't get me wrong, they were hot, well-done, and plentiful. This happens to me often at the end of a book like this. We had plenty of sex and I loved it, but in the home stretch I wanna find out what's happening with the details of their lives... Not read another blow-job scene.

Borrowed for June Free-For-All from Katie in Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group