SandraM

Sandra

Painted Faces - L.H. Cosway Oh my god, I don't think I have the words. This was just so freaken beautiful, and sad, and refreshingly realistic and fucking hilarious. I wish I had kept updates of all Fred's hilarious quotes but there were just too many and I wanted to immerse myself in the book. But i Honestly enjoyed her so much that I could totally see myself re-reading this (which I almost never do) and I will definitely mark down quotes then.

I loved Fred right off tha bat. I wanted to love Nicholas but it annoyed me for a while how outrageously flirty and blunt he was when it clearly made Fred uncomfortable. It seemed like they were pushing how very heterosexual he was to make sure the reader knew he really wasn't gay, but once the story developed it felt real and I understood him better and forgave him along with Fred.

This is such a unique story and so wonderfully done. I can't express enough how real the love story is. No insta-love. They develop an amazing friendship against the odds of Nicholas's lustiness, that progresses at a normal rate, have some issues, make me cry, and then resolve them. It's super sexy but there isn't even that much sex, yet I felt on a bow-string through the entire book. UHG I have to go to work so I can't gush anymore but just, yeah. Go read it, you'll thank me.