SandraM

Sandra

Go Fetch! - Shelly Laurenston 3.5 stars I enjoyed this one same as the first. This series is surprisingly funny and the characters are always likeable. The cheesy romancey bits flowed well and felt appropriate and fun so I didn't mind.

A few pet peeves/inconsistencies/things I need to mention:

1) The hyena plot-line was never explained. At all. I get that the Epilogue alluded to the fact that that will be resolved in the 3rd book, [b:Here Kitty, Kitty!|1588709|Here Kitty, Kitty! (Magnus Pack, #3)|Shelly Laurenston|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1351325579s/1588709.jpg|1928437], Angelina said she was attacked by things that didn't quite look like dogs but it still should have been acknowledged more in this book by this books characters.

2) Miki's mom. I don't remember them saying she was a marine before. I thought the whole point was that her life was ruined when she got prego at 16. I know Miki was raised by her grandma a lot, so maybe that's because her mom went into the military. But I don't remember that, and the whole point of Miki's bitterness towards her father (and life) is that her mom's life was ruined. But it doesn't sound like it was.

3) Conall's cousins. WTF? Again, it was never explained why they showed up out of nowhere. They want him back, fine. But they show up from across the fucking globe, start shit, get their asses kicked, and leave? I thought there was going to be a connection between them and the hyenas, but it all made no sense. Yet another plot point that came out of no where to add some drama, and then disappeared. Ah well.

4) Her college friends were stupid. "Mi-Ki! Mi-Ki! Mi-Ki!" Yeah, we get it, she's freaen' awesome, get a life!

Borrowed from "Zandalee" for 2013 August Free-For-All in Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group