SandraM

Sandra

Sticks & Stones - Abigail Roux, Madeleine Urban Ok, the verdict is in... I didn't hate it! I'm certainly not on the Cut & Run bandwagon like most, and am still a little gun-shy with how much I disliked book 1, [b:Cut & Run|5199022|Cut & Run (Cut & Run #1)|Abigail Roux|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1327894486s/5199022.jpg|5266173], but I'm cautiously optimistic. The plot, pace, setting, everything, in this book was very different from book 1. It actually reminded me a lot of [b:Dangerous Ground|3953718|Dangerous Ground (Dangerous Ground, #1)|Josh Lanyon|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1217709587s/3953718.jpg|3999394] by Josh Lanyon. It still had somewhat of a pointless murder-mystery plot that's sole purpose was to progress the personal relationships and was then dropped when it was no longer useful, but it was more enjoyable. The freaken mountain lion was pushing it though. Ok, we get it, they're in danger! Of course one of the guys has to almost die, I wouldn't be surprised if every book in the series ends this way. But it got to the point where I thought she might have a freaken plane fall on them next!

For you romance lovers out there, Ty and Zane are certainly taking their sweet-ass time. I found it a little odd that initially Zane seemed more invested, to me at least. But then Ty was the one having heart-to-hearts with his brother and realizing deeper feelings. I'm not entirely sure I buy it, but I'll let it go since I'm just glad they're progressing the relationship, if at a snails pace.

Borrowed from Monica "Books are food for the brain" for 2013 August Free-For-All in Bookie Nookie's Erotic Lending Group