SandraM

Sandra

Winter Chill: A Gay Novella - Aria Grace, J.J. Hunter This was a sweet, light, and quick read. I always have to say I am obsessed with [b:His Undoing|17164966|His Undoing|Aria Grace|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1356326460s/17164966.jpg|23591650] by this author, so that's always hard to live up to. Although both stories star college roommates they are in fact, very different. Both boys are straight in this... or so they think!

I liked this and the pace it went at felt natural, for the most part. Of course there was a little rush at the end there with the "I love you" but that's OK. Since Indie was our narrator, and Daniel was sort of the instigator, I have to say I thought things would play out differently I thought Daniel would profess feelings first, saying he'd felt that way for a while, so I was a little hesitant to believe Daniel had all of a sudden changed his player ways and was a little gun-shy about trusting him. Or course he ended up being super sweet though and they were good together.

I do think it would have helped a little if we got more background on the boys and their previous relationship. The initial impression was that they were just roommates, sure they ended up hanging out but it seemed more a friendship of convenience. Later when Indie told Daniel he was his best friend, and Daniel agreed, I have to say I was surprised. Maybe I would have felt more trusting of them together initially if it came across that they were besties earlier on.

Won during Celebration 2013 in M/M Romance Group