SandraM

Sandra

Scrap Metal - Harper Fox This is beautifully written, and the first 1/2 or 3/4 was a slow build of friendship, lambing, affection, farm work, and oddly vague reluctance from Cameron. I liked them both well enough. Cameron obviously needed saving and Nichol's loving patience was sweet to watch. But at the big turning point Harry's death I have to admit that the poor way Cam handled everything didn't leave me with a warm feeling. I get having a nervous breakdown and I know he had been piling guilt upon guilt onto himself but he completely abandoned Nichol when he needed him most. And then to add insult to injury he tried to leave him, knowing that it would destroy Nichol. but I just had a hard time forgiving him, and to be honest I just lost a little respect for him especially learning that he hadn't actually murdered someone and therefor probably wouldn't have gone to jail for too long, it all seemed like a bit of an over reaction.