SandraM

Sandra

Resistance - L.M. Turner I liked this way more than I expected to. Not that I expected it to be bad, the description is a little different and sounded interesting, but I figured it would be a solid 3 star. Something about it sucked me in though. It felt very real. Some people may be turned off because there is some cheating and there is sex between a MC and a not MC (or two or three), but again, that felt more realistic to me. Don't get me wrong, I love me some happy, perfect, cheesy romance. This wasn't that. It was tough, and at times you knew Jayden should just leave and he'd be better off. But you still rooted for them and were so glad Ryan could work out some of his issues. I also liked that his issues were valid but not over-the-top traumatic although I did think it was weird he said "we got split up" when we went into foster care (meaning siblings) but then never tried to find them?!?! He was 12 which is old enough to remember them and have a had a relationship. Weird.

And thank-the-baby-Jesus for an awesome female character for once! Olivia was great, half the quotes I have in my updates were from her, fucking hilarious. I liked that there was her little side romance. Not like when a book is setting up one of the other guys future book, this was just a little side of happy that went along well with Ryan and Jayden's story and really helped to round things out.

Borrowed from Monica September 2013, traded for [b:Junk|18068792|Junk|Josephine Myles|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1370982167s/18068792.jpg|25365060]