SandraM

Sandra

A Daring Ride (The Bullriders) - Andrew Grey 2.75 stars First off, I need to address the cover. Who is who? I would assume the big guy is the bull rider, but Simon is described as having frizzy red hair so the other looks more like him, except that guy does not look like he could hang onto a bull for 8 seconds. Anyway, onto the book.

I've read a few of Andrew Grey's books, and he is generally a solid 3 star for me. I like the characters, they are fairly well developed and I get invested in them. But they talk like little old ladies with reeeeeally long-winded and flowery prose that just doesn't happen in real life and it keeps me from getting sucked in the way I want to (as was also the case with [b:Love Comes Silently|15998792|Love Comes Silently|Andrew Grey|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1347207112s/15998792.jpg|21759412])

And I'm afraid I have to call bullshit on that ending. It's a huge pet peeve of mine for things to get wrapped up so quickly with a neat little bow, let alone with a dramatic injury that occurs right on time to make everyone realize that love and family are more important than fighting over a silly little thing like who your son wants to fuck. I think there could have been a much more complex development regarding Simon's relationship with his family. They were such interesting people and a lot could have been done with it beside just the "we don't understand, but we'll try" crap, especially given the lawsuit his father was involved in, and that all got brushed aside and never addressed again. I assumed Simon's being gay would come into play with either getting his father out of being sued or he would speak up about it in some way, or his father would give the guy his job back and apologize or something, but no, that story line was simply so Simon would worry he'd get "fired" as their son and then never came up again So it was unfortunate after investing a few days in a decent book to end it with me rolling my eyes, saying "of course", putting the book down and going to bed.

Received from the publisher in exchange for an honest review, reviewed for Hearts On Fire